Friday, May 1, 2009

A Hint of Things to Come

Well, the semester is over, my projects handed in, and all finals completed. That means it's time to enjoy the summer! And what better way to do so than to spend the summer reading?

I've been trying to narrow down the available books-that-sound-interesting into one summer reading list. The goal is to make such a list, read like a madwoman, and blog about each of the books, and the experience itself of reading all those books. It's been difficult, though, to finalize my reading list--here's hoping for the end of the weekend. Then I'll post the list on my sidebar, and I'll link to my reviews and thoughts about each book, and whoever stumbles across this blog can leave their thoughts and comments. Deal?

I do know that all 16 books from the School Library Journal's Battle of the Kids' Books will be on the list. The Battle has reached the final round, and I for one eagerly await the results. Octavian Nothing will go head to head against Hunger Games, and my money is on Hunger Games. I make this prediction not based on any particular knowledge of either book. It's just based on the general feel for which direction the winds seem to be blowing.

Anyway, as I mentioned before, I haven't read a SINGLE ONE of the 16 Battle books, but I've so loved the debates and discussion surrounding them, I've decided I need to catch up and join in. So here's to summer reading!

No comments: