Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Battle of the Books?!? Awesome!

I wish I had known about this earlier because I would have tried to read all the books, but the School Library Journal has created a Battle of the Kids' Books, which pits 16 of the most popular YA books from 2008 against each other à la March Madness. Four matches in the first round have already taken place, with one major upset, (it figures the only book on the list I've actually read gets knocked out in the first round) but there are plenty more rounds to go. Check out SLJ's blog about the competition here.

Up next is The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks vs. We Are the Ship. It's an awesome competition regardless of the fact I haven't read any of the remaining books. I'm thoroughly enjoying the comments from the author-judges as to why they've picked the books they did, as well as the remarks from the competition commentator. Their comments are thoughtful and fun, and I'm looking forward to following the rest of the competition!

No comments: